Students must have either a history or background in a specific artistic discipline or possess creative instincts and a passion for exploring art. This does not necessarily mean that a student has a lot of experience in their art, but that they should show the willingness and passion needed to succeed in an arts program.
The steps for Admission are as outlined below:
1. Fill out the Application for Admission (with $50 application fee). Applications can be submitted via email with secure payment being made through the "Student Application" link on this page.
2. Submit the Student Questionnaire.
3. Schedule an audition with arts teachers. These auditions will be used to determine suitability to our program as well as determine eligibility for potential scholarships.
Procedure for auditions:
Local students will need to choose from one of the audition days listed on our school events calendar, or call the school office to inquire when the next audition dates are.
International and long-distance students will need to schedule an online audition for one of those same days. Please call the office for more information.
4. Complete your intake interview (scheduled on same day as audition) with school staff.
5. Transcripts or current grades should be brought with you to the interview (unofficial are acceptable) or sent in advance.
Students will receive notification of preliminary acceptance by mail.
6. Upon accteptance, students will complete and submit the HIA Admission Form with additional information. At this point, they will be given additional documentation to submit from current and former teachers.
Students must be passing their current courses with an overall minimum GPA of 2.0 to be considered for admission.
Hall International Academy does not usually admit new students just before or during their senior year in high school.
Students must meet the following credit and course requirements in order to receive a Hall International Academy diploma. This certified diploma meets (and exceeds) the academic requirements for the State of Idaho.
Minimum Graduation Requirements:
Complete minimum number of overall high school credits based on grade level entering
o Entrance as 9th grader: 64 credits
o Entrance as 10th grader: 48 credits
o Entrance as 11th grader: 32 credits
o Entrance as 12th grader: 16 credits
Complete minimum academic course requirements
English (8 credits) – must be taken every year
Social Studies (7 credits) – US History (2), Government (2), World History (2) Economics (1)
Mathematics (8 credits) – Students must take math yearly and pass Algebra II
Science (8 credits / 4 lab)- Must take at least one science course each year
Speech (1 credit)
Health (1 credit)
Complete artistic emphasis courses (6 credits/year)
Complete elective coursework (4 credits/year)
Complete Senior Portfolio
Admissions Process and Graduation Requirements
Paypal Payment Portal
Use to pay application fees